Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 18

Stuck with my go-to video right now, Energy.  I've done that one like 10 times now, and each time I learn how to do something a little better than I could do before.  Today the improvement was in that one move where you're in a lunge (actually I'm on one knee) and you do the twist open with your arm up?  My favorite part of the video is the part where you bend forward, bent legs, and just hang.  My back always cracks when I do that and it feels amazing.

I'm still not at the point yet where I'm looking forward to doing my yoga or anything.  I'd still rather not do it and sit around eating cake.  However, I must say this is the longest I've gone doing consecutive workouts in...years.  They're not aversive at all - they're actually in the neutral zone for me right now.  I think when I'm in better physical condition I'll really look forward to them.

Thanks, DDP, for making your workouts short and powerful.  Of course I can always fit in a 25 minute workout.  I always hated that yoga at the gym (any gym) is like 90 minutes long.  Who can tolerate that except someone who's been doing it for years?  DDP Yoga is beginner friendly but there's so much room to grow in each video.  It's really an excellent program.  Also I love DDP as the host.  He's such a regular guy.

Hence, YRG.

I ate carbs yesterday (properly combined...no proteins involved) and today my weight was up a pound.  OMG this is not what a carb-o-phobe wants to see!  I'm probably off starches again now.  I can't afford to eat them.

No, really, I literally can't AFFORD to eat them.  I am so certain I'll be losing weight using DDP yoga and eating healthy life-giving food that I've signed up to participate in a Diet Bet. That's where you put up $25, along with others interested in losing weight.  At the end of 1 month, whoever has lost 4% of their body weight (for me, 8 pounds right now) splits the pot.  If you lose the weight the worst case scenario is you get your money back.  Best case you win some money.  Of course if you don't lose the weight you're out $25.

I don't wanna lose money!

So starchy carbs are probably nixed for a little while.  Maybe I'll try them again next month.


 ________________________

90 Workouts in 90 Days

7/23/13 - Day 1: Energy
7/24/13 - Day 2: Energy
7/25/13 - Day 3: Energy
7/26/13 - Day 4: Fat Burner
7/27/13 - Day 5: Diamond Dozen
7/28/13 - Day 6: Energy
7/29/13 - Day 7: RHC
7/30/13 - Day 9: Energy
7/31/13 - Day 10: Energy

2 comments:

  1. That bet thing sounds pretty cool! I'm always afraid to lose money, but it definitely sounds like a motivator! I always really liked the fact that the workouts aren't long, but you still get the great work out. I used to belong to a gym years ago and I knew I liked yoga, but hated the long and way too repetitive workouts. Sounds like you are on the right track with everything though. Carbs are always an issue, but you do fluctuate with weight everyday, so it's important to weigh at the same time when you weigh and I would only do it once a week. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I need to weigh only once a week. Only, I'm compulsive and wanna weigh every day. LOL. The bet is really cool and is definitely motivating. Thanks for stopping by. I love comments. :)

    ReplyDelete