Friday, July 19, 2013

DTFP

I've coined a new mantra that I find myself saying over and over.  I have a tendency to improvise rather than following instructions.  I'm not sure why - I mean, why spend even a minute thinking about something if someone's already done the thinking for me and I've paid that person to tell me what to do? I suppose I'm kind of lazy that way, and maybe that's why I'm fat.  For example, this week I noticed I was arbitrarily choosing which parts of the DDP program I wanted to follow (the yoga, buying organic, eating more veggies) and ignoring the parts I didn't want to do at times (the food combining, the juicing, the abstaining from sugar and alcohol). This is how I do things...which is why things (me) don't look the way I want them to look.

Well, no more.

Now I'm going to just DTFP (Do The Fucking Program).  It's sort of my own twist on RTFM (Read the Fucking Manual).

So next time I want that glass of wine at night?  DTFP.

Next time I'm thinking I should eat a popsicle with my daughter?  DTFP.

Next time I think eating gluten-free pizza is a great idea?  DTFP.

ANYWAY...

Just finished my third DDP Yoga session.  I feel really good.

I decided to DTFP and follow the instructions provided by DDP in the actual program guide.  For the first 5 weeks he recommends beginners do 3 workouts a week and tells you which workouts to do.  I started off on Day 1 with the Diamond Dozen, and did Energy! on Tuesday and today.  Next 4 workouts will all be the Energy! video, according to this guide.  Well I guess that's one way to get good at it.  He's got a year-long workout schedule in this book.  I'm glad I don't have to make decisions.  I can just DTFP.

Changes I have made for the better during week 1:
  • More veggies at every meal.   I now mix veggies in with my eggs for breakfast and have a salad before (or as) lunch and dinner.  
  • Everything is organic (if possible).  This is a hard one for me, cuz I'm such a tightwad.  The blueberries that aren't organic LOOK the same as the ones that are...and they cost half as much!  Oh well.  Just DTFP.
  •  I was already gluten free and dairy free (well, mostly)...but now I really am.  (edited to add...this is a total lie.  I had cheese yesterday.  I am so in denial!)
I keep trying to do a video blog post.  I'll get up the nerve to post one of them at some point.

Ciao!


6 comments:

  1. You are awesome. I've told you this already, but you are. I love this DTFP. I feel I need to do this as well although I am not in the same place as you. As for the program, I did start a couple of weeks sooner than you, but i've been in a funk and haven't been doing the workouts as I should. The DTFP mantra has certainly stuck in my head when I think about how I need to do it. Thank you for that. BTW it's awesome you are in WI too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW you should totally do a vlog! No pressure, but I'm a person who hates even pictures of myself and decided I like the added accountability factor. No escaping a public video. Whatever you end up doing: DTFP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katarina! I'm amazed at those of you willing to do vlogs. I keep recording myself with my phone and then I don't post it. I'm a-scared! I'll get over it. It looked like you were hitting the workouts really hard - maybe scale back a little and just do a few a week till your funk passes? Keep in touch with others who are DTFP. Remember nobody is perfect! Don't expect yourself to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lanie, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm going to have fun following your journey and I will ABSOLUTELY be here for you and support your program. We have a LOT in common I see as I'm rolling through your posts. Glad to have found ya in this :D

    I, too, have been hesitating on a vlog. I really want to do it, just with someone else's face! lol. But if you do it, I'll do it.

    - Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lanie,

    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog, but I am great in the 90 yard dash, but really stink in the 26 mile marathon! Just cannot seem to keep it going!

    Really need people like you to join me along the way, to remind me to just DTFP!!! No matter what...no matter how I feel...not matter what is going on in my life.

    You hit the nail on the head: Just DTFP! My new mantra: just DTFP!!!

    Thanks so much!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fatandfearful and 5thtimesthecharm - welcome and thanks for coming by! I'm looking forward to this journey with you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete