Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 1 Pictures - Done!

I did manage to get Day 1 pictures taken, including the 6 positions DDP recommends photographing in order to compare for results.  I gotta say, I was sweating by the end of taking those pictures.  I guess that means it's a) a good workout, and b) I'm out of shape.  I was actually more flexible than I thought, for things like the "catcher" position and the standing leg lift.  When I was in high school (like 25 years ago) I did gymnastics, and I was really flexible at that time.  I used to be able to touch my face to my knees in a sitting position.  I guess that experience has left me with some flexibility...but still a LOT of room for improvement.

I also decided to just get over putting my pics on the blog.  Even without favorable "after" shots.  I mean, really.  Who cares.  We've all seen fat people.  So what if I look like I'm expecting my 2nd child.  True story:  The last yoga class I attended was in April 2013.  The instructor met with me before class and asked if I had any health issues, injuries - anything that would restrict my movement.  I told her "No, I'm ready to go."  10 minutes later the class was underway. I was in the middle of the room, with about 10 other people around me.  The instructor decided to ask me at that moment, in front of everyone, "Lanie, are you expecting"?  I was shocked and didn't answer right away.  She repeated her question, a little louder this time because obviously I hadn't heard.  I looked her dead in the eye, shook my head slowly, and said, "No."  I felt so humiliated.  I know she asked because she was afraid of leading me to do poses that might risk a pregnancy...but geez.  Doesn't everyone know at this point that it's really rude to ask someone if they're pregnant?  Especially in front of a quiet room full of people?

DDP, I need help getting my belly back to normal.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. At one point I was seven months pregnant with one of my children. I said something about the pregnancy and the gentleman I was speaking with said 'you're pregnant? I thought that was just your body' People just don't think before they speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...that's just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. People need to think.

    ReplyDelete