Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 1

I'm really dreading taking my "before" photos!  I'm not sure if I'm going to post them right away or if I'm going to wait till I have some results for comparison.  It takes a lot of guts (literally) to put your fat pictures on the interwebs!  I ask myself...what's the worst that could happen?  Someone could make a poster of my "before" pic and parade up and down the block in front of my child's school or in front of my home, and cause great embarassment to my family.  Or someone could call me a bad name.  Or tell me that I'm not THAT fat and I should appreciate what I have and stop complaining so much that I'm unhappy.  Probably none of those things will happen.  And I can survive any of those things.

I don't have the videos yet, but DDP has put his Diamond Dozen video and the program's guidebook on the web so I don't have to wait to actually get the videos. I was pretty impressed by the eating plans he recommends.  I definitely have room to clean up my diet, but I'm mostly gluten-free and dairy-free already.  I think the food-combining thing is interesting.  I've done it in the past and felt really good at the time.  I definitely need to get more micronutrients in my diet (veggies, greens) - a lot more, actually, so that'll be a change.  He recommends the things I've found to be best for me - whole foods, organics, lots of vegetables, both carbs and proteins (just not together), and fruit early in the day.

Ok, enough talking.  Time to get on the mat.

Update: 35 minutes later:  Finished the Diamond Dozen.  More of a tutorial than a workout, but I still got a good stretch and feel like I've gotten the lay of the land.  I've done yoga in the past - not much, but a class here and there...I've always known I should do more, but it never felt good.  It was always too hard or too boring.  I'm now seeing that it was too hard because I wasn't being taught modifications.  DDP showed modifications for the harder moves, and I could see how this is going to feel really good at some point.  Today it was fun, but I was very much in touch with my current lack of flexibility and upper body strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment