Friday, July 12, 2013

Getting Started

I just ordered the DDP Yoga DVDs Pack 1 - it looked like the beginner set. It cost $70 plus $10 shipping....pretty reasonable for 6 workout videos, but I'm such a total cheapskate I tried to find them somewhere else cheaper.  Unfortunately no one on ebay, half.com, or Amazon is selling them.  Either the wave of DDP Yoga is just now growing or no one is giving up their videos!  I suspect it's a little of both.

I have never spent this much on exercise DVDs.  I'm just not that girl, buying all kinds of stuff from the web.  But geez.  Arthur's story.  I've watched this probably 15 times now and I cry every time.  I'm just so damn proud of him!  And also my heart breaks because I watch it and see me in him.  My body isn't as broken as his was, but the hopelessness in his eyes during the first few clips of that video...I have that.  I have that now.  I feel like every day is another day of hopeless crap to deal with.

And I have no good reason to feel that way.  I have a beautiful, smart little girl who thinks I'm amazing.  I have a devoted husband (despite my constant irritability and increasing weight), a nice family, and a nice home.  I am rich in this world, compared to so many who suffer with real problems.  But my brain feels sick.  My emotions are haywire.  I'm never happy.  I look forward to nothing.

I'll be posting a video (egads!) of me in my current state, complete with a beginning weigh-in and probably some stills of my woeful lack of flexibility.

I want to be happy.  I want to be fit.

I don't know if DDP Yoga is the answer, but this is the most excited I've been about anything for a long time.

Please come with me on my journey. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to follow your journey. Here's to a happier, healthier you!!

    ReplyDelete