Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 21

Fasting blood sugar: 107
Blood pressure: 153/95 (ugh)

Just finished today's yoga.  Did the Energy routine.

I think there is a lot of long-term benefit to incorporating yoga into one's life. With greater flexibility and balance I think the risk of falling and breaking a hip at the age of 80 is a lot less likely.  Also there are certainly great benefits to living a life with better stress-management skills...and of course the benefits of keeping your heart rate up is well documented.

But I'm looking at some of these amazing QUICK results people are getting in 30 days...and I'm probably not going to be on of them unless I am willing to change some fundamental parts of how I live.  I think I need to go to bed earlier and just accept that what is currently my favorite part of the day - from 9PM till about 12 or 1AM, is just going to have to change.  My appetite and ability to control what I eat is greatly affected by how much sleep I get, and right now I'm just not getting enough.  I'm having trouble with my appetite today, and I know they're related.

I'm going to challenge myself.  For the next 7 days I'm going to go to bed by 10PM and see how things feel. 

It's just 7 days.  It's just 7 days. 

I'm somewhat resistant to change.  Ok, I'm a lot resistant.

I feel like if I can't stay up late at night I'll never have fun again...my husband and I will never have time for good conversations...I'll never get to drink wine again...I'll be old and boring.

This reminds me of a quote DDP put on Facebook a couple days ago:

Money is the most envied, but the least enjoyed. Health is the most enjoyed, but the least envied. - Charles Caleb Colton

Maybe I'm so focused on everything I'll be losing because I have no idea yet how good it'll feel to be healthy.  

I'd love to not have to carry around an extra 60 pounds anymore.  You know, that's almost the equivalent in weight to 8 gallons of water.  That's EXTRA weight I'm dragging around.

Ok, I'll try it.  I'll stop acting like a petulant 3 year old who doesn't want to go to bed.

_________________________

90 Workouts in 90 Days

7/23/13 - Day 1: Energy
7/24/13 - Day 2: Energy
7/25/13 - Day 3: Energy
7/26/13 - Day 4: Fat Burner
7/27/13 - Day 5: Diamond Dozen
7/28/13 - Day 6: Energy
7/29/13 - Day 7: RHC
7/30/13 - Day 9: Energy
7/31/13 - Day 10: Energy
8/1/13 - Day 11: Energy
8/2/13 - Day 12: Fat Burner
8/3/13 - Day 13: Energy

No comments:

Post a Comment