Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Feeling Great

I do...I feel great today.  It may be because the weather is awesome...actually my life is feeling kind of awesome right now.

Did the Energy workout today.  Felt good and stretched out by the end of it.

My eating has been a lot better.  I started using the food journal provided in the Program Guide to track what I eat.  Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:  3 eggs with onions, tomatoes, cooked in coconut oil
Snack: 1/4 cup mixed nuts (not raw, unfortunately, but I'll do the shopping next time)
Lunch: Salad with veggies, baked chicken, and oil/vinegar dressing
Snack: Chicken, half of a grass-fed beef hot dog (no bun)
Dinner: Carrots, and another salad just like the one I had at lunch.

I think everything but the nuts was organic.  I'm not counting calories, fat grams, carbs, or anything.  It's possible I'm eating too many calories - Usually if I stick to a "low-calorie" diet I'm starving, and I just refuse to be hungry.  If I'm unable to lose weight I'll make adjustments.

One of my biggest problems with this lifestyle change is giving up alcohol.  I'm not a hard-core boozer but I do drink wine and love it.  It used to be several times a week my husband and I would go through a bottle...or two, sometimes, on the weekend.  I've put the brakes on that now.  I like it because it makes my anxiety go away.  For a little while I feel calm and happy and giggly.  I don't ever feel like that otherwise.  Anyway, it's more important that I get my metabolic health in order and drinking makes me want to eat more, plus it interferes with my sleep, which causes increased appetite the next day. All good reasons to stop it for a while.


2 comments:

  1. I get you on the wine... I'm the same way. Past couple times drinking I haven't felt that way though. I just think: Why am I drinking this ugh! I think your mindset just changes as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I'm hoping happens is I'll start feeling good naturally - without the wine - and it'll feel better to be sober than to be buzzed. I think it'll happen and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete